Sunday, January 4, 2015

More success from AE5QL Soft Rock + Amplifier kit!

First of all, Happy New Year to everyone.  Looking forward to lots of neat stuff in the coming 2015 year!

Looks like Mike AE5QL is already having quite a good time with his SoftRock receiver and transmitter and a 30 watt amplifier that he built to go along with it:

Tonight I have made my first contacts using my Softrock RX/TX and my EB63A amp. I am running about 3/4 output on the Softrock to achieve about 30 watts on the EB63A on 40 Meters, (7.070 +300 Hz to 1800 Hz showing on FLDIGI. The signal looks good on the O-Scope and nobody has complained so I hope things are working well. The contacts are from the East Coast, New York, North Carolina and Florida.

I had to tune the carrier operated relay (COR) circuit, it was way too sensitive, It now works well with digital, it may require more tuning to get the SSB phone working as well.

73s
Mike, AE5QL

No comments:

Post a Comment