Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Raspberry Pi 2 Breakthrough!

For those of you that are interested, the Raspberry Pi foundation has formally announced the Raspberry Pi 2.  It is a quad core next generation ARM processor machine with six times the speed and twice the memory.


And there is even talk about Windows 10 running on it.


For those applications (primarily DSP) that were borderline to run on the Pi, this may be the breakthrough that brings them on board.


By the way, all of this is at the same retail price of $35.


Check out the link to the announcement here: http://www.raspberrypi.org/raspberry-pi-2-on-sale/


--Jeff

2 comments:

  1. I got a package from MCM Electronics over the weekend.
    I suspect it's my Raspberry Pi, so I'll have to check that dude out this week.
    My goal is to get it running "headless" in a hurry.
    I also have a USB-based battery pack I want to run in series with the power supply.

    73
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you able to get this up and running?

    Scott M. KC5SHE

    ReplyDelete