Wednesday, April 15, 2015

For the next APRS net...

On this past "statewide" APRS net, I had some APRS OBJECTS that marked my station as the net control station.  I also had a couple similar OBJECTS that had in the comments field instructions to message me to check in, or to find me on a talk-in channel, etc.


Jeff has a good idea to do the same thing with APRS BULLETINS.  I think that worked even better.  I'd not tried bulletins because I was unsure how to name them.  But it's not hard. 


But here is what I want to do next time.


NCS first sends a message to ANSRVR with the contents CQ OKAPRS Let's Start the Net


Optional : A message to ANSRVR containing D OKAPRS stateside net at 1300 CDT ... or something to provide a bit of a description.


Participating stations join the net by sending a message to ANSRVR with the contents J OKAPRS


Participating stations send a message to Net Control (and everyone else, like a conference call ) with a message to ANSRVR , again with the contents of CQ APRS xx5xxx checking in ... or other traffic.

And when we're done, people can log out of the net with a U OKAPRS message sent to ANSRVR.


The NCS can check on the number of participants with a ? OKAPRS message.


Jeff pointed this out in a deck of slides he provided to Lloyd recently.


73
Scott / KD5NJR









No comments:

Post a Comment