Saturday, November 29, 2014

Hello Austin!

No matter how much we talk about the theory of FLDIGI, it always speaks larger volumes to have actual reports from someone operating.  Mike AE5QL made a trip to Austin, TX, and  this is the email he sent back to us about running an FLDIGI/BPQ32 combination back to the TDRC BBS on 40m:

=====================================================================
 
Jeff, Scott,

I could not connect Friday at mid-day it was about 2:00PM. I did see AE5ME answering my connect request once however the signal to noise ratio was just too high.

Early this evening about 5:00PM I was able to connect however I had two CW conversations going on about +/- 800 Hz from where we were trying to connect. I had a very strong signal on the water fall from AE5ME but the CW conversations were wiping things out.

I tested the transmit side of my softrock today and all is working perfectly. once I have the amp built and software loaded and working to interface my softrock to FLDIGI I will be able to notch out any type of CW interference.

With the look of our strong contact early this evening we should be able to make reliable contact from Austin.

73s
Mike, AE5QL
=====================================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment