Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Monday Night PSK-31 FUN

I was lucky and had some "Free Time" Monday Night. Jeff had mentioned I might try 7070 kHz instead on 7035 kHz for PSK-31 signals.
Boy was he right. Plenty of signals in the waterfall. I worked stationed in IN, OH, ON, PA, OR and a W1AW/7 station in WA. Not bad.
All of these contacts were made using 3 or 5W on my dipole antenna. Mine is down low. It's below the roofline as a matter of fact.
It was later on in the evening, say, 9 or 10pm when I started to wonder "how low can I go?" Using the www.pskreporter.info website I turned the rig down to 1W and started calling CQ. I didn't work anyone, but I did pop-up on the website as being "spotted" in GA.
I have not worked any stations at the higher data rate, PSK-250, (regardless of power) besides Jeff. That's my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment